Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Priceless



Last week we made a big announcement... We are expecting TWINS!!! Greg and I couldn't be more excited. It was a long road to get here and we are just ecstatic! I would be lying if I didn't say that we are a bit nervous about being first time parents to two little ones, but I know that we are never given things we can't handle. My due date is September 24, 2014 but they said to expect 3 or 4 weeks early with twins. I am just planning on my birthday, September 5th. As my friends and family know, I love celebrating my birthday MONTH and I couldn't be happier at the idea of sharing it with our two little loves.

Twins run in Greg's family and we were going through some fertility treatments so we knew the chance of twins was higher than average. I had some spotting at 6 weeks and so I went in for an ultrasound just to check things out. The doctor found 2 heartbeats!! It was amazing! All you could see were the two little white dots flickering on the screen. He kept telling me congratulations and I kept asking if they were ok. He reassured me that they were strong heartbeats for being so early and to try not to worry... ya right! I don't think it had sunk in that we were really having twins until after I left the office.

Our first ultrasound!

We went back the next week for what was supposed to be our first ultrasound. This was the first time Greg got to see them live. We were both amazed!

7 weeks and growing!

We were in the process of moving to San Diego during all of this but I went back to Arizona for one final check with my doctor in Arizona before I transitioned to my new doctor in San Diego. This time Greg's mom came with me. The nurse that did my ultrasound was pushing on my stomach and making them move. I got all choked up once I saw them wiggle around in there! I couldn't believe these little babies were really in there and how much they had grown!

One twin is head up and one is head down.

Greg and I are just beyond thrilled. We found a very patient and well recommended doctor in San Diego and I have LOTS more pictures to share. One positive of having twins is that at every appointment they do an ultrasound! My doctor told me to get a book because I am going to have so many pictures of these littles ones before they arrive! 

More to come!







2 comments:

  1. Awww look at those little love blobs! ;) I love seeing all these ultrasound pics, and it's so exciting that you even got to see them move around in there. I'm seriously counting down the days until the reveal! xoxoxo love you (and those babes already)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nine week photo! They couldn't be cuter!! My guess is one boy and one girl... can't wait to find out! Waiting for a bumpdate!! ; )

    ReplyDelete